Nesters Market Employment Opportunities
Back to Job Listings
Job ID: n002
Do you love the smell of freshly baked goods? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Are you outgoing? Do you love working with customers? Then look no further! We have the perfect opportunity for you to start your career as Nesters Market is currently seeking a Full Time Clerk for our Bakery Department. This position is based out of our location in Woodwards, and will be reporting to the Bakery Manager. Bakery experience is not necessary as full training and support will be provided for the right candidate.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, and sanitation
- Contribute to company efficiency by offering suggestions and recommendations to Bakery manager
- Assist guests with product recommendations and locations, requests, and special orders
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers
- Merchandise, price, label and stock all bakery products
- Ensure accuracy of store signage with regards to pricing
- Serve customers in a friendly, courteous manner
- Package products
- To prepare and finish bakery products
- Ensure department is stocked and well presented
- Provide customers with information about different products
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- At least one year of retail or customer service experience
- Prior bakery knowledge/experience is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Available to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Able to stand, lift, and handle up to 50 pounds
- Compliance with safety and sanitation procedures
- Able to work in a fast paced and process driven environment
Our commitment to you:
- Flexible work environment and room for advancement.
- Competitive Wages with starting rates based on experience
- Company match RRSP Program
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, MSP, Life &
Wage Indemnity for full-time positions.
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we
would love to hear from you! We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates
under consideration will be contacted.
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by sending your resume at cover letter to
email@example.com or by faxing your application to (604) 882-5161.
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings