Nesters Market Employment Opportunities
Back to Job Listings
Experienced Produce Managers Required
Job ID: n006
Nesters Market is currently seeking Experienced Full Time Managers for our Produce Department in the Lower Mainland. We are looking for a leader who has a strong passion for fresh food and who can efficiently oversee the daily operations of the Produce Department in terms of sales, customer service, merchandising, and product quality. Candidates must have anytime availability .
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide supervision to Produce staff to ensure quality customer service
- Handle customer inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt, polite and effective manner
- Maximize sales and gross profit through effective and creative merchandising
- Maintain department inventory by placing product orders regularly while adhering to departmental budgets
- Hire, train, and mentor staff members
- Create the weekly schedule for the Produce department according to business needs
- Comply with the store’s established Health and Safety and Food Safety policies and ensure that staff members are also adhering to these policies
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of store signage with regards to pricing
- Ensure the proper set up of racks, tables, coolers, backroom areas and proper rotation of cooler stock
- Liaise with the store manager, department heads and produce staff to address any concerns, discuss upcoming ads or promotions, cross merchandising, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous retail management experience, preferably in a Produce Department
- Able to lead a team in an enthusiastic and positive manner
- Superb customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, policies and practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Experience in merchandising that drives sales
- Have experience ordering and maintaining department stock
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, night shifts, and weekends
- Have the ability to stand, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
Our commitment to you:
- Flexible work environment and room for advancement.
- Competitive Wages with starting rates based on experience
- Company match RRSP Program
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, MSP, Life &
Wage Indemnity for full-time positions.
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we
would love to hear from you! We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates
under consideration will be contacted.
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by sending your resume at cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your application to (604) 882-5161.
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings