Nesters Market Employment Opportunities
Back to Job Listings
Job ID: n007
Nesters Market in Whistler is currently hiring a full time Grocery Leadhand.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work within established policies and procedures for the Store regarding: Customer Service, inventory, invoicing, staffing, ordering, pricing, training, health & safety, and receiving
- Provide superior customer service to all guests
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment
- Efficiently stock and display product in a neat and appealing manner
- Be responsible for key-holding, store safe and store alarm
- Supervision of staff in the store manager's absence, including communicating expectations and giving direction
- To perform other duties and tasks assigned or required as consistent with the nature and scope of the position.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous retail or customer service experience; Grocery experience is seen as an asset
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Superb customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Previous Service Clerk responsibilities along with the ability to work in any department; meat, produce, grocery, deli, or bakery.
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated.
- Complete understanding of till operation and cash-up procedures.
- Proven track record in store merchandising and driving sales.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to ensure compliance of established company policy.
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written.
Our commitment to you:
- Flexible work environment and room for advancement.
- Competitive Wages with starting rates based on experience
- Company match RRSP Program
- Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, MSP, Life &
Wage Indemnity for full-time positions.
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we
would love to hear from you! We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates
under consideration will be contacted.
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by sending your resume at cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your application to (604) 882-5161.
Apply for this job
Back to Job Listings