Mexican Street Corn Salad
Dive into a vibrant, 15-minute fiesta for your taste buds with our Mexican Street Corn Salad, a symphony of golden-browned corn, zesty lime, and spicy jalapeños, embodying the heart of Mexican street food culture in every bite!
- 4 medium corn, fresh
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 oz Romano cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Start out by cutting the corn kernels from the cobs.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, season lightly with salt and cook, stirring about every 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the corn to a salad bowl along with red onion, romano, cilantro, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder.
- Gently toss it all together then serve right away
This dish is traditionally made with Cotija cheese, Romano or Parmesan make a good substitution.